Friday, February 12, 2010

book complete (as is a certain booky project....)

At last I've got that art journal finished! 

  

Its a fat little blighter - with an extra wide spine (ready to accept the extra things I KNOW I'll be sticking into/onto the pages)
Indeed I've actually included 'spacer' pages (see what looks like a cut out page below) throughout the journal so that I have extra width in the spine to allow me to stick things in to my hearts content - and still have the book close OK



The journal features simple paste paper covers and you've already seen the book block prior to casing in (they are just simple cartridge paper, with ingres endpapers). I'm happy enough with the results - I think it will prove a useful, sturdy little number (and I'm feeling quite inspired to make a few more...)

and talking of things finished - today I almost finished off my edition of 12 small books for BOA project - stay tuned in the next little bit for a sneak peek .......

5 comments:

  1. Love your journal, Ronnie, it's beautiful. I've never done paste paper but you've got me thinking... and now I'm all excited about the BOA books! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! BOA books nearly finished, you have been moving along. Look forward to seeing them. Your journal is really lovely and I'm so pleased you put in those spacers. That will really keep it in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a lovely book. And even my ratty, knockabout sketchbooks have stubbs (in one case, marbling leftovers)for the addition of what the fancy folk like to call emphemera.
    And while we are talking about journals, am I the only person who HATES spiral binding? Sheesh! Everything gets caught in the wires.
    And I have been avoiding posting any of my "Absences" work, partly because I feel a bit nervous. But mainly because I think surprises are nice!
    Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!(But perhaps I should scan something for the group blog...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. using left over marbling bits for stubbs - what a great idea!....I wish I'd have thought of it before I began this journal - you know I'm going to have to steal that idea for my next journal...

    my 12 little BOA bits are currently drying under weights - the humid weather was great for the actual making stage - but it does mean everyone is just going to have to wait a bit longer so that you receive an unbuckled version of my books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ronnie...humidity-gargh!It's horrid up here. I've had to move some crockery as I can't open one of the cupboard doors, everything feels tacky and I'm getting paranoid about mould!
    And feel free to use the marbling idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx